Return to top
Undergraduate Admissions

Application Requirements

High School Seniors

High school students should submit the following:

  1. A Common Application or a UNE Application [pdf] with the $40 application fee.
  2. Official SAT or ACT results.
  3. Official copy of high school transcript.

Transfer Students

If you have attended an institution of higher education after graduating from a secondary school for any period of time, please apply as a transfer student. Transfer students should submit their completed application by December 1 for entry in the spring semester and no later than March 15 for the fall semester.  We recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. Current semester transcripts may be required, but applicants should not wait for the conclusion of the semester to apply. Transfer students are eligible for both financial aid and merit-based scholarships.

Transfer students should submit the following:

  1. A Common Application or a UNE Application [pdf] with the $40 application fee.
  2. Official transcripts from each college or university you have attended.
  3. If you have completed fewer than 24 credit hours at the college level, submit an official secondary school transcript. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request the high school transcripts of any applicant to the University. (Please note: If you are applying for either our Dental Hygiene or Nursing majors, you must submit official secondary school transcript, regardless of your educational background.)
International Students

The University of New England classifies a non-immigrant student as an international applicant. This type of student does not hold U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency (U.S. Resident Alien) and needs a visa to study in the United States. This includes students who are living and/or studying outside the U.S. and students who are living and/or studying in the U.S. at the time of their application for admission.

A student who is a Citizen, Dual Citizen, or Permanent Resident of the U.S., who does not live in the U.S. or has lived in the U.S. a short time does not need to complete the International Student Supplemental Application, but is welcome to take advantage of the international student services and the English as a Second Language Program.

International students must have a transcript evaluation through World Education Services, and must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).

Though it is not a requirement for admission, we highly recommend that you visit the UNE campus that offers your program of choice for a tour and information session.

Apply Online