UNE’s admissions team will be hosting an all-day Twitter chat on Tuesday, August 19, from 8am-8pm. If you're coming to campus this fall as a new Nor'easter, this #unechat is all about you! We’ll be discussing your first weeks on campus and will have admissions staff available all day to answer any questions you may have.
Move-In Day Twitter Chat Topics for August 19:
- What to bring #unechat
- What to expect on move-in day #unechat
- Social events your first week #unechat
- Services to make move-in easier (renting a microwave and so forth) #unechat
- Where to get your books #unechat
- Changing classes #unechat
- Meeting your roommate for the first time #unechat
- Bringing a car to campus #unechat
- What not to pack #unechat
- Meal plans #unechat
A Twitter chat is an interactive conversation at a specific time on Twitter. Use #unechat (not case sensitive) to be a part of the conversation. If you are new to Twitter and Twitter Chats, below are a few guidelines to help you on your way.
- You can follow the chat by typing #unechat into your search menu on Twitter, although we advise you use the free site #TWUBS or similar Twitter managing apps that allow you to easily follow along without refreshing.
- If you want to participate in the chat, just add #unechat to the end of every tweet. If you don’t use the hashtag, we and other students who are following along won’t pick up on your tweet.