This training, part of a national educational campaign aimed at civilian healthcare professionals, will enable these community providers to use their current clinical skills to provide culturally appropriate treatment to service members and their families. Participating attendees will be able to address such issues as:
- The importance of military culture in providing treatment for veterans and their families;
- Understanding behavioral mental health concerns of returning veterans as well as for their families;
- General post-deployment concerns of returning service members;
- Treatment and resources for veterans and their families; and
- Resources for health professionals.
View flyer for details on presenters.
Maine Area Health Education Center