Please join your colleagues from across Maine at the 8th Annual Patient Safety Academy on September 29, 2017, on the University of Southern Maine campus, Abromson Center.
REGISTER NOW! Click here for the online registration form
This day-long event is open to anyone interested or engaged in patient safety activities. The Academy includes plenary sessions, exhibits, and networking opportunities. Workshops include skill-building and best practices in the areas of patient engagement, infection prevention, opioid education, fall prevention, antibiotic stewardship, patient safety culture, health literacy, and ethics. Join us!
General: $50 / Student: $25 The Patient Safety Academy includes lunch and free parking with your admission.
Would your organization like to exhibit at the Patient Safety Academy? Do you have a poster or a storyboard to share? Submit your information here.
Health Literacy: What it is, Why it Matters, How you can Help
Patient Safety and Quality Through the Prism of Ethics
Workshops: We will be offering three workshop sessions led by regional experts.
We are going green! Slide presentations will be available electronically.
Morning Session I workshop options:
- Opioid Overdose Education and Naloxone Distribution
- The Intersection between Worker and Patient Safety: Harmonizing Employee Health, Wellness and Safet
- The Price is Right and the Choice is Wise: Antibiotic Stewardship
- The Role of PT and OT in Fall Prevention
Morning Session II workshop options:
- Good Catch: the Story of a Near-Miss Reporting System
- Interdisciplinary Communication in Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Making Sense of System-based Safety Management: Fundamentals of a Patient Safety Event
Afternoon Session workshop options:
- Aging Doesn’t Have to Hurt: Developing a Pain Language Between Patient and Provider
- Fall Prevention: Assessing the 5Ps of Hourly Rounding
- Taking the Next Step: Improving Patient Safety through Health Literacy
- Transparent Communication Strategy for Infection Prevention and Control
Rising Tide Awards will be presented to individuals or organizations that advance patient safety within Maine through their leadership, dedication and innovation.
For more information, please contact the Patient Safety Academy team:
Karen Pearson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Judy Tupper, email@example.com
Barbara Price, firstname.lastname@example.org
...A Rising Tide Raises All Boats...
Support for the Patient Safety Academy is provided by the Maine Department of Health and Human Service’s Rural Health and Primary Care Program