To attend this Orientation, you must be a fully enrolled student for the Spring 2018 Academic Semester.
Spring Orientation is designed to help transfer students become familiar with the campus, and receive relevant information about getting started at the University of New England. It is geared specifically for you and your individual needs!
1. Once you deposit, it's time to register for Orientation. It is mandatory but we keep it to one day because we understand that you have attended another institution. This half-day session is designed specifically for transfer students and will provide you opportunities to learn about what it means to be a student here at UNE, meet with your faculty, discuss your schedule (to make sure it's what you want) and ask any other questions you have prior to starting classes. You will find the link to register at the bottom of this page.
2. Once we have received all of your transfer information (transcripts, placement test results, etc.) you will be eligible to meet with an advisor to discuss your schedule. If you do not hear from an advisor, it could be because we have not received all of your information. Please verify with Admissions that all of your information has been received.
3. Get Advised/Select Classes prior to Orientation: after December 1 you will hear from an advisor to set up a time to meet and discuss your schedule. Please keep an eye on your email and listen to voicemails. They will contact you directly. For advising sessions you may select from phonecall, skype/facetime, or an in-person visit based on your schedule and/or preference. If you wish to contact an advisor directly, see below but recall that they cannot advise until after December 1.
- College of Arts & Sciences:
- All Majors - email@example.com
- Westbrook College of Health Professions:
- Athletic Training and Applied Exercise Science – Paul Visich, Chair Exercise and Sport Performance Department. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dental Hygiene – Marji Harmer-Beem, Program Director. email@example.com
- Health, Wellness and Occupational Studies – Caryn Husman, Program Director. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nursing – Jen Morton, Program Director. email@example.com
- Nutrition – Karen Pardue, Interim Program Director. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Health – Jennifer Gunderman-King. email@example.com
- Social Work (Undergraduate) – Cynthia Amato. firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Pharmacy:
- All Majors - Sarah Vincent, Pre-Pharmacy Coordinator, email@example.com (207) 602-2882
4. Talk with Residential and Commuter Life if you have any questions about finding local housing or living on campus. Give them a call at (207) 602-2272 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Attend Orientation. If you have questions prior to Tuesday, January 16, contact the Orientation Office directly at (207) 602.2447, visit the web site, or email the Student Orientation Advisors at email@example.com. You will hear back from someone within 24 hours of sending.
Date: Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Spring Orientation sessions include academic advising, registration for fall classes, social activities and opportunities to meet current students, faculty and staff while connecting with other transfer students. You will receive answers to any questions you may have regarding university life at UNE.
Please Note: Residential Transfer Students will move in on Monday, January 15th, 2018. More information will follow by email.
The Office of Student Activities and Organizations