The University-Wide Safety Committee promotes safety and health in the workplace by providing a forum for information exchange between departments, colleges, Health and Safety employees and compliance officers. Committee members, listed below, are employees who understand the safety needs and concerns of their fellow workers.
If you would like to report a safety issue or concern, please feel free to contact any safety committee member. The following job titles/departments all hold positions on the committee:
- Director of Environmental Health and Safety
- Safety Specialists
- Sustainability Coordinator
- Marine Science Center Operations
- Research Integrity
- CHO, Marine Sciences
- CHO, College of Arts and Sciences
- CHO, College of Osteopathic Medicine
- CHO, College of Pharmacy
- Facilities Manager, Biddeford Campus
- Facilities Manager, Portland Campus
- Supervisor, Housekeeping
- Residential Housing and Commuter Life
- Director, Campus Center and Student Life
- Assistant Director of Safety and Security
- Benefits Coordinator, Human Resources
- Sodexo, Dining Services Representative
- Chief Compliance Office
You may also contact Ronnie Souza at email@example.com for more information on the University-Wide Safety Committee.
The Recycling Committee is an ad-hoc committee of the Environmental Council, charged specifically with promoting and increasing recycling on campus. Becoming involved in the recycling committee will provide on-the-ground experience with the logistics of developing a recycling program. To join the committee, contact Sustainability Coordinator Alethea Cariddi at firstname.lastname@example.org.