Academic Advising

Stephan Zeeman, a professor in the U N E Department of Marine Sciences sits smiing behind his desk

As a CAS student, you are assigned a faculty advisor who serves as your primary resource for academic guidance and planning throughout your studies. Although academic advisors are available to assist you in fulfilling major and graduation requirements, the ultimate responsibility for these matters rests with you.  When appropriate, academic advisors may also assist with career planning and/or preparation for attending graduate school.

We encourage you to utlize additional services provided by the Career Center and the Student Academic Success Center.

First-year Advising

Professional Advising Services works with first-year students in the departments of Biology (Aquaculture & Aquarium Sciences, Biology, Medical Biology, Pre-Physician Assistant), Marine Sciences (Marine Biology), and Pre-Pharmacy, along with Undeclared students.

Your advisor can help you:

  • Plan your courses
  • Investigate career options
  • Declare a minor
  • Learn more about graduate programs

Please contact CAS Professional Advising Services at ext. 2192 to set up an appointment with your advisor.

Pre-Health Advising

The Pre-Health Professions Advisor can help you apply to schools, plan for exams like the MCAT, and seek experiences in the field.

The Pre-Health Professions Advisor helps students interested in:

  • Medical
  • Dental
  • Veterinary
  • Optometry
  • Podiatry
  • Physician Assistant
  • Chiropractic
  • Physical Therapy
  • Public Health

Visit the Pre-Health Professions Advising website for more information.

Undecided Advising

Many students enter college unsure of which major they wish to pursue.  The College of Arts and Sciences Professional Advising Services can help you find the right program for you!

As an undeclared student, you're assigned a professional advisor to help you investigate your options at UNE.

Your advisor can help you:

  • Learn more about different majors on our campus
  • Work with Career Services to identify professions you would find fulfilling 
  • Plan your courses
  • Connect with other support services on campus

If you are an undecided student, please contact CAS Professional Advising Services at ext. 2192 to set up an appointment with your advisor.

Need more help?

If you can't find the advising information you need on this site or by working with your advisor, you may seek assistance from your department advising liaison or contact the CAS Professional Advising Services at 207-602-2192.