Students completing the Applied Mathematics major will:
- use mathematical reasoning, modeling, and statistical methods to explore, represent, and communicate about quantitative relationships;
- apply quantitative methods to solve problems in a variety of disciplines;
- develop proficiency with computer algebra, statistical, and geometric software to investigate mathematical concepts and applications;
- prepare mathematical documents for dissemination in written and presentation formats;
- gain analytic and technological skills to support careers in mathematics and related areas, and graduate and professional study.