Why Become a Mentor?
Mentors have experienced great things when mentoring. Some common feelings include:
- Giving back to the community.
- Making a difference.
- Providing support to children that need it most.
- Forming strong connections with mentees.
- Exploring possible career paths.
- Deepening academic experience via service-learning.
What Do Students Like Best About Mentoring?
“The feeling of playing a role in the child’s life.”
“I love being around the kids, helping them, and playing with them. It’s like a weekly
‘medicine’ – I love going every week. It’s a break from school.”
“Being able to help and be there for the kids – just by being there we make their day.”
- Leadership – become a member of the CCMP Advisory Board.
- Training – receive training useful for mentoring and beyond.
- Relationships – meet other mentors, children, teachers, UNE staff and leaders of the community.