- Commit one to two hours a week to mentee(s) and mentoring site for one academic year.
- Attend a mandatory two hour training before mentoring occurs.
- Attend periodic reflection sessions.
- Provide a positive role model for a child.
- Assist mentees with academic work.
- Join mentees in extracurricular activities.
- Give mentee and CCMP coordinator advance notice when missing a session.
- Do not see mentees outside of mentoring sites.
Guidelines for Citizenship Students
- Students who have already been in 1:1 mentoring relationships for one or more semesters may continue to mentor and include it as part of their Citizenship requirement.
- Students in Fall Citizenship sections may enter into 1:1 mentoring relationships, with the understanding that they must continue to mentor through the Spring semester.
- Students in Spring Citizenship sections may not enter into new 1:1 mentoring relationships.
- All Citizenship students and sections are welcome to participate in group mentoring programs.