How do I disseminate my findings?
- Regional and National Conferences
- International Conferences
- Additional Conferences
- For additional conferences, including discipline-specific SoTL conferences, Kennesaw State University has an online directory that has been updated as of 2016. This directory can be sorted by city, state or province, country, discipline and topic in higher education.
In the first section, “Dedicated Journals Focused on Teaching and Learning,” you will find 35 journals that are focused on teaching and learning, but do not stop there! Check out the other two sections, “Search Engines for Additional Journals” and “Recent SoTL Articles and the Diverse Journals in which they have been published.” You quickly will note that a wide range of journals will be interested in publishing SoTL articles beyond those who exclusively focus on SoTL. In short, your search should not be limited to dedicated SoTL journals with “teaching and learning” in their title, but many professional journals across varied fields are recognizing SoTL research as worthy of publishing.
- Dedicated Journals focused on Teaching and Learning
- Additional Journals
- Iowa State University Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching is a good site for SoTL journals by discipline, including Human Sciences and Veterinary Medicine.
- Kennesaw State University has an online directory of disciplinary and interdisciplinary journals in SoTL that has been updated as of 2013. This directory is organized alphabetically or can be viewed by discipline or by topic in higher education.
- Northern Kentucky University, Professional and Organizational Development Center provides an extensive set of annotated links to discipline-specific SOTL periodicals, including submission guidelines for each.
- Samples of Recent SoTL articles and the Diverse Journals in which they have been published
SoTL projects involve human subjects — namely your students. Consequently your proposed project must be reviewed by UNE’s Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects prior to launching it.