The University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine fosters health care leaders across the continuum, including undergraduate, predoctoral, graduate and continuing medical education participants, to advance exceptional osteopathic healthcare locally and globally through practice, scholarship, education and community health.
- The body is a single integrated unit of function, possessing self-regulatory and self-healing mechanisms.
- Preventive medicine and the musculoskeletal system play primary roles in maintaining optimal health.
- Patient care incorporates the dynamic interaction of body, mind and spirit.
- Professionalism - Demonstrating integrity, honesty and respect for all
- Compassion - Caring for our patients, the community and ourselves
- Excellence - Achieving quality in all we do
- Collaboration - Serving with others to achieve our mutual goals
- Innovation - Shaping the future creatively while preserving our heritage
- Critical Thinking - Encouraging personal and professional growth
The University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine will become a recognized leader in educating primary care physicians for Maine, New England and the nation.