(TO BE) THE PREEMINENT COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE
The University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine fosters health care leaders across the continuum in undergraduate, predoctoral, graduate medical and continuing medical education, to advance exceptional osteopathic healthcare locally and globally through practice, scholarship, education and community health.
- The body is a single integrated unit of function, possessing self-regulatory and self-healing mechanisms.
- Preventive medicine and the musculoskeletal system play primary roles in maintaining optimal health.
- Patient care incorporates the dynamic interaction of body, mind and spirit.
- Facilitate learning, critical thinking, scholarship and research
- Excel in practice-focused research in health, function and medical education
- Advance our commitment to the heritage and principles of osteopathic medicine
- Utilize evidence-based methods, practice-focused research, scholarship, critical thinking, and a variety of learning modalities to improve health education and healthcare outcomes
- Innovation — Shaping the future creatively while preserving our heritage
- Maintain a caring, collegial environment
- Foster integrity and accountability through a strong ethical base
- Support the creation and maintenance of outstanding medical practitioners
- Promote an innovative, interprofessional and entrepreneurial culture
- Actively Seek internal and external collaboration to further our mission