Student outcomes are adapted from the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) standards in educational leadership.
A medical education leader promotes the success of all learners by:
- Facilitating the development, articulation, implementation, and stewardship of a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the health care community.
- Advocating, nurturing, and sustaining an institutional culture and an instructional program conducive to student learning and faculty professional growth.
- Ensuring the management of the organization and resources for a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
- Collaborating with physicians and health care community members, responding to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilizing community resources.
- Acting with integrity, fairness, and in an ethical manner.
- Understanding, responding to, and influencing the larger political, social, economic, legal, and cultural context.
- Conducting, promoting and mentoring medical education research and scholarship as the profession moves toward evidence-based education.