The University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine’s (UNE COM) Research and Scholarship Forums are intended to share and celebrate the research conducted by our UNE COM students. Preparing and presenting a poster is a skill and the UNE COM Research and Scholarship Committee embraces its mission for advancing research within UNE COM by supporting our students as they conduct and present their research.
Maine Osteopathic Association Midwinter Symposium Research and Scholarship Forum
Friday, February 9, 2018
Holiday Inn by the Bay, 88 Spring Street, Portland, Maine
The Maine Osteopathic Association (MOA), in conjunction with University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, is hosting a Research and Scholarship Forum opened to all our medical students and residents at a midwinter symposium.
Call for Abstracts Deadline: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 5 p.m.
- Sample Abstract: Original Research
- Sample Abstract: Case Presentation
- Sample Abstract: Literature Review
- Abstract Instructions (Please note: Resubmissions will not be permitted. It is important to follow the instructions exactly on your first submission.)
- Submission Link (Medical Students only)
- Submission Link (Residents only)
All UNE COM students, OMS I, II, II and IV, as well as Residents.
- Medical Student Original Research (prospective or retrospective)
- Medical Student Case Presentation or Literature Review
- Resident Original Research (prospective or retrospective)
- Resident Case Presentation or Literature Review
You will be informed by mid-January if your abstract was accepted.
If selected to present your poster, plan to arrive at the Holiday Inn by the Bay by 1:30 p.m. on February 9, to set up your poster in the MOA’s Exhibit and Poster Session Hall located on the lower level in the Casco Bay Ballroom. Additional details will be sent via email about parking, poster size, and printing prior to the event.
There will be a reception and silent auction starting at 5 p.m. for all poster session participants. Awards will be presented at the reception in each of the award categories to the first authors of the top three posters receiving the highest scores. The names of the winners will also be announced in the UNE Community News and COMpass. All authors who present a poster will be sent a citation for their Curriculum Vitae for their participation in the MOA Research and Scholarship Forum.
MOA RESEARCH AND SCHOLARSHIP FORUM SCHEDULE
- 1:30 p.m. All Posters must be displayed
- 2–3 p.m. Poster judging session one
- 3–4 p.m. Poster judging session two
- 4–5 p.m. Presentation by Lynette Charity, M.D.: "A Prescription for Success in Medicine: Stay Inspired! Stay Healthy! Stay True to You!"
- 5 p.m. Reception and Award Announcements (Prizes)