Pharmaceutics: Drug solubility, pKa, and stability studies; conventional and nanoparticle drug formulations; drug release by conventional and nanoparticulate formulation; drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics.
Inorganic: Determination of metals and other inorganic components released by implanted medical devices; toxic inorganic substances in tissues, physiological fluids or blood spots; inorganic components bound to proteins; or small drug monitoring, including determination of therapeutic and illicit drug substances in physiological fluids or blood spots and drug substances and drug metabolites in environmental samples.
Biomarkers: Peptides in urine or other physiological fluids; cholesterol and other intermediates or products of the isoprenoid pathway; homocysteine and other amino acids or their catabolites; thiamine and other vitamins or their metabolites; carnitine esters; proteomics; lipidomics; and metabolomics.
- High-sensitivity LC-MS/MS (Agilent 6460 equipped with 1200 series RRLC)
- Medium sensitivity LC-MS/MS (two Micromass Quattro LC triple Quadrupole mass spectrometers equipped with Waters Alliance separation modules and UV detectors)
- High sensitivity GC-MS/MS (Agilent 7000)
- Two ICP-MS (Agilent 7500 series and Varian 820-MS inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometer)
- Q-TOF MS (Micromass Q-TOF Micro hybrid mass spectrometer interfaced with a Waters Alliance separation module)
- GC x GC-TOF (Agilent two-dimensional GC system with SAI Kronus TOF-MS), MALDI TOF-TOF (SAI Laser TOF TT)
- Olis DSM 20 CD
- Olis DM 45 Spectrofluorometer
- UV-VIS Spectrophotometer
- Horiba Dynamic Light Scattering Particle Size Analyzer LB-500
- Beckman Coulter Multisizer 4 Coulter Counter