The Search & Interactive Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and execution of marketing initiatives that drive online engagement and increase the quality and quantity of leads generated to meet enrollment goals. This position works with the marketing team to ensure all online assets are maximized and that inbound campaigns are properly integrated with UNE’s overall brand and communications strategies. The Search & Interactive Marketing Manager manages paid search, SEO and inbound marketing activities and analyzes and tracks all campaign activities to ensure they are meeting goals for all relevant KPIs.
- Manage paid search and inbound marketing campaigns to build engagement
- Track, report, and analyze email and website analytics, as well as PPC initiatives
- Conduct regular analysis and provide recommendations on program performance based on metrics
- Perform Demand Generation tasks including email marketing, blogging, landing pages, templates, forms, workflows and more
- Analyze marketing automation performance and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Work alongside the Marketing Manager to develop and implement social media and blog strategies, link building techniques, and search engine optimization techniques
- Monitor trends in online marketing and communications technology and provide recommendations on changes to consider and anticipate
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of all projects
- Work with the marketing team to drive marketing material enhancements (website, banner, directory copy, email, landing pages, brochure, enewsletter, print, tradeshow/conference, whitepaper, podcast, webinar and demos) with the goal of increasing lead generation volume and consumer engagement
- Create compelling marketing messages to drive inquiry generation
- Work with copywriters, graphic designers and web developers to enhance or create creative materials
- Collaborate with University offices including academic departments, admissions, financial aid, student accounts, and registrar
- Embrace lifelong learning and pursue self-improvement actively and independently
- Report weekly on performance and upcoming initiatives
This position works independently as a team member with oversight and supervision from the OWL Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration or related field or Business/Marketing diploma from a community college plus 4+ years of experience in marketing (including: lead generation, paid search, inbound marketing) or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Expertise with Google Analytics, Google Adwords, marketing automation software, CRM and social media monitoring tools a MUST HAVE
- Ability to understand and report on KPI metrics
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, HTML and other creative software a plus
- Good working knowledge of a variety of online and direct marketing strategies and tactics
- Ability to support strategic/account planning and develop and apply in-depth product knowledge
- Ability to anticipate and provide prompt resolution on issues
- Focus on quality and delivery of results
- Proficient in MS Office with special emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Leadership ability with strong interpersonal skills, team oriented and proactive
- Experience working with and directing creative strategy in the areas of interactive media, direct marketing, websites and print/collateral
- Ability to travel and work extended hours at times to support marketing and enrollment goals
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience in managing the prospecting and sales cycles
- Excellent organizational and follow through skills
- Strong negotiating and interpersonal skills
* Background check may be required.
- Cover Letter
Human Resources Office
University of New England
716 Stevens Avenue
Portland, ME 04103-2670
The University of New England is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and welcomes female and minority candidates.