Install, maintain, and repairing steam and hot water boilers, heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment, as well as preventive maintenance. Perform general plumbing work and assist with other mechanical systems and general carpentry, locksmith and grounds maintenance tasks as needed.
- Performs a variety of HVAC system maintenance, operation, installation, and repair tasks.
- Performs a full range of preventive maintenance and general operations tasks on heating, ventilating air conditioning equipment and refrigeration systems.
- Troubleshoots and repairs a wide range of malfunctions, leaks, failures and breakages;
- Installs, repairs and replaces pumps, valves, fans, and related equipment;
- Performs or assists with plumbing work on steam lines associated with heating systems;
- Assist in operating, servicing, cleaning, and repairing steam and hot water boilers.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots malfunctions of, and repair general plumbing lines, fixtures and equipment.
- Under stands proper operation of the building Energy Management System, and how to trouble shoot these systems.
- Assist with planning, scheduling and estimating tasks associated with preventive maintenance operations and installation and repair projects.
- Adheres to all established safety procedures and standards.
- Maintains required records of work done, purchases, inventory, and the like.
- Maintains tools and equipment.
- Maintains an appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Assists as needed with other mechanical systems and general maintenance and grounds work.
- Trains and directs the activities of junior technicians and other staff as assigned.
- Perform preventive maintenance as required.
- Assists in snow removal activities.\
- As trained, provide assistance for locksmith, carpentry and painting functions as required.
- Understands and complies with MSDS and HAZCOM procedures and policies as part of UNE's comprehensive OSHA compliance program.
- Understand and comply with OSHA requirements (29 CFR Part 1910) for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as defined by the University Chemical Hygiene Officers, the Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator (EHSC), the supervisor and Chapter 17 of the University of New England Safety Manual.
- Understands and complies with RCRA Standards. Successfully completes initial for Hazardous waste handling within 90 day of date of hire. Ongoing training and refresher courses will be required annually.
- Successfully completes training as applicable to the UNE integrated contingency plan (ICP).
- Completes University new employee orientation and sexual harassment training within 30 days of the date of hire.
- Understand and comply with the University of New England Safety Manual.
- Performs other duties as require
Minimal supervision is received from the Facilities Services Supervisor or other senior staff member.
Daily supervision is received from the department lead position.
- Have a masters license in plumbing, electricity, or 2nd class engineer for boilers.
- Have a license in plumbing, electricity, or boiler certification. Have BAC, and HVAC experience. Plus 7 plus years experience in the field.
- High school education, plus 3 to 5years of relevant technical training/experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Broad base of technical knowledge and skills related to heating, ventilation and air conditioning system installation, maintenance and repair, as well as general plumbing.
- Ability to work from blueprints and specifications.
- Some relevant scheduling and estimating experience.
- Good general knowledge and skills related to other mechanical systems functions, and building construction and repair.
- Physical ability to perform all primary job duties.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and on an on-call basis.
* Background check may be required.
- Cover Letter
The University of New England is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and welcomes female and minority candidates.