Will perform managerial and administrative duties in running the laboratory in addition to performing experiments for grants and contracts obtained by the PI.
- Maintaining receipts and overseeing laboratory spending, making budget decisions regarding ordering supplies (e.g. animal orders, laboratory supplies).
- Acting supervisor for Tamara King Deeny’s purchase card.
- Inventory and ordering laboratory supplies. Making sure the laboratory supplies are organized and properly labeled for use (e.g. surgery supplies) and checked for expiration dates.
- Overseeing IACUC protocols, making sure they are up to date and that all procedures performed in the laboratory are approved. Adding amendments for new studies, adding new laboratory personnel, or increasing animal numbers when necessary.
- Overseeing proper training of all laboratory personnel in experimental procedures and ensuring that the laboratory and all personnel are compliant with safety, risk management, including filing of appropriate paperwork and safety certificates for each person (employee or volunteer) working in the laboratory.
- Performing various experimental protocols including collecting data, entering and analyzing data, and graphing data for presentation in posters, Powerpoint presentations.
- Assisting with manuscript and grant preparation.
- Setting up/scheduling rooms for laboratory meetings and visiting speakers when necessary.
The applicant must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Medical Biology, or related field. The applicant must possess at least 3 years of relevant experience in laboratory research, data collection, analysis and presentation. Additionally, the applicant must have experience training students, adhering to general biosafety practices, and performing administrative duties such as ordering laboratory supplies, maintaining records (invoices, training certificates, etc).
* Background check may be required.
- Cover Letter
Human Resources Office
University of New England
The University of New England is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and welcomes female and minority candidates.