The faculty member will work with the Program Director, Academic Coordinator, Clinical Coordinator(s), PA faculty and staff, and UNE faculty to ensure that the educational environment demonstrates qualities needed to provide a superior medical education in accordance with ARC-PA standards.
Responsibilities Core responsibilities involve collaboration with the Program Director and other faculty. As a faculty member, and in accordance with ARC-PA Standards, the PA faculty member has responsibility for:
- Developing, reviewing and revising the mission statement of the program as necessary
- Selecting applicants for admission to the PA program
- Providing student instruction
- Evaluating student performance in the didactic and clinical components of the Program
- Providing academic counseling of PA students
- Assuring the availability of remedial instruction
- Designing, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating curriculum
- Administering and evaluating the program
- Service to include Program, College and University committee membership
- Professional development in the area of research and scholarly activity
- Engaging the medical community and clinical sites to provide specialty instructions and curriculum enhancement.
- Completing University new employee orientation and sexual harassment training within 30 days of the date of hire.
- Understanding of and compliance with the University of New England Safety Manual.
- Assuming any other related duties necessary to develop and maintain an effective program.
- Core faculty members must not participate as health care providers for students in the program.
- Successful completion of a Physician Assistant degree from an accredited Physician Assistant program preferred
- Masters level degree required from accredited PA program, other health care related field, or education related field. Doctoral degree or willingness to pursue same preferred
- Minimum of two years of relevant physician assistant clinical experience required or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Physician Assistant applicants must be NCCPA Certified Physician Assistant with current licensure in Maine, or license eligible required. Other health professionals must have professional licensure in accordance to their occupational requirements/standards.
- Excellent oral, written, and computer skills (proficiency in electronic communication, word processing, and accessing internet resources) required.
- Knowledge of the roles, responsibilities and scope of practice of Physician Assistant profession required.
- Must possess team-building, organization, and leadership skills and be able to work in a collaborative spirit.
- Ability to network with outside organizations and facilities.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Teaching and/or administrative experience in PA education or other health related field preferred
- Evidence of interest in research/scholarly activities preferred.
- Active participation/leadership in local, regional, or national PA or other medical organizations preferred
* Background check may be required.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
Human Resources Office
University of New England
The University of New England is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and welcomes female and minority candidates.