Looking for course materials currently on reserve in the libraries? Click here.
Electronic Journal Articles and Book Chapters:
To complement or replace reserve items, you can provide a direct link within your course syllabus to the UNE Libraries’ full text journal articles and ebook chapters: Linking to Full Text for Blackboard Courses.
Physical Reserve Materials:
- Reserve materials and a completed Reserve Form should be submitted to the Circulation Coordinator 48 hours prior to their expected use. Standard reserve loan period is 2 hours and for in-library use only; other loan periods may be available.
- Reserve materials are made available in the Library on the campus on which the course is taught.
- Reserve materials must comply with the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976, as amended (Title 17, U.S. Code). See UNE’s Copyright Policy and Guidelines. For help determining your case for fair use of copyrighted materials, use UNE Library Services Fair Use Checklist.
- Reserve item use statistics are reported to instructors upon request when materials are removed from Reserve.
Materials Which CAN Be Placed On Reserve:
- Materials from the UNE Libraries’ circulating collections.
- Personal copies of books, journals, CDs, and DVDs.
- Personal photocopies which meet copyright compliance guidelines (including the following limitations: Only 1 chapter, article, poem, essay, story, illustration, or 2 excerpts may be copied from the same author; only 3 from the same collective work or journal volume may be copied during a term).
- Required texts may be considered for Library purchase upon request.
Materials Which CANNOT Be Placed On Reserve:
- Material borrowed from another library.
- Personal copy of television broadcast program recorded off-air without copyright permission.
- Personal copies or photocopies which do not meet copyright compliance guidelines.
Every effort will be made to accommodate Reserve requests, while keeping within the copyright guidelines by which we all must abide. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Biddeford Campus Circulation Coordinator at x2833 or the Portland Campus Circulation Coordinator at x4326.