- Reserve materials and a fully completed Reserve Form should be submitted to the Circulation Coordinator at least 48 hours prior to their expected use. Reserve loan period is 2 hours – IN-LIBRARY use only.
- SINGLE copies of required readings/materials are accepted.
- Reserve materials must comply with the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976, as amended (Title 17, U.S. Code). See UNE’s Copyright Policy.
- Reserve materials are made available in the Library on the campus on which the course is taught.
- Reserve Use Statistics are reported to instructors when materials are taken off Reserve.
Materials Which CAN Be Placed On Reserve:
- Books from the UNE Libraries’ circulating collections.
- Personal copies of books, journals, CDs, DVDs, audiocassettes, videocassettes (instructor’s name must be written on each item).
- Personal photocopies which meet copyright compliance guidelines (instructor’s name must be written on each item).
- Only 1 chapter, article, poem, essay, story, illustration, or 2 excerpts may be copied from the same author; only 3 from the same collective work or journal volume may be copied during a term.
- Photocopied items may be placed on reserve for one term.
**Written Permission from the copyright holder must be obtained IN ADVANCE for Reserve materials that do not meet copyright compliance guidelines.**
Materials Which CANNOT Be Placed On Reserve:
- Journals and Reference books from the UNE Libraries’ collections.
- Materials borrowed from another library.
- Off-air television broadcast recordings without copyright permission.
- Personal copies or photocopies which do not meet copyright compliance guidelines.
Every effort will be made to accommodate Reserve requests, while keeping within the copyright guidelines by which we all must abide. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Biddeford Campus circulation coordinator at x2833 or the Portland Campus circulation coordinator at x4326.