- How to Find a Specific Journal Article
- Is It a Scholarly Journal or Isn't It?
- Full Text Journals
- ILLiad: Interlibrary Loan
* = MSL/UMS-funded
M = Mobile Site
Academic Search Complete
Provides full text for nearly 7,100 scholarly publications of which 6,000 are peer reviewed. Covers the social sciences, humanities, general science, multi-cultural studies, education, more, 1990 on. Funding provided by Maine State Library and University of Maine System. (*, M)
Environment Abstracts (formerly Environment Abstracts published by LexisNexis) encompasses all aspects of the impact of people and technology on the environment and the effectiveness of remedial policies and technologies.
Environment Complete contains all of the content available in Environment Index, as well as full text for 400 journals, including many of the most used journals in the discipline, such as Environment (back to 1975), Ecologist, Conservation Biology, etc. Environment Complete also provides full text for 80 monographs, such as Encyclopedia of World Environmental History (3 volumes), Advances in Water Treatment & Environmental Management, etc. Further, the database offers full text for the conference papers of the North American Association of Environmental Education. Funding provided by Maine State Library and University of Maine System. (*, M)
Environmental Sciences and Pollution Management
Provides comprehensive coverage of the environmental sciences, with abstracts and citations from over 4000 scientific journals and other sources. Major areas of coverage include: agricultural biotechnology, air quality, aquatic pollution, bacteriology, ecology, energy resources, environmental biotechnology and engineering, hazardous waste, microbiology related to industrial & environmental issues, pollution, risk assessment, safety science, toxicology & toxic emissions, water pollution, waste management, & water resource issues.
Global Issues in Context
Global Issues in Context offers global perspectives on issues of international importance and current world events and topics in the news related to these issues.
A bibliographic database of information about environmental concerns such as global warming, energy conservation, natural resources, and pollution. (M)
GREENR (Global Reference on the Environment, Energy, and Natural Resources)offers authoritative content on the development of emerging green technologies and discusses issues on the environment, sustainability and more.
Journal Citation Reports
Offers a systematic, objective means to critically evaluate the world's leading journals, with quantifiable, statistical information based on citation data.
ProQuest Central is a multidisciplinary database with over 11,000 titles, with over 8,000 titles in full-text. It serves as the central resource for researchers at all levels in all markets. Over 160 subjects areas are covered extensively in this product including business and economics, health and medical, news and world affairs, technology, social sciences and more.
Online access to over 1200 leading science journals from Elsevier Science and other cooperating sources. (M)
Scopus is a multidisciplinary navigational tool that contains records going back to the mid 1960s, offering newly-linked citations across the widest body of scientific abstracts available in one place. (M)
Access to information in all areas of toxicology, including chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pesticides, environmental pollutants, and mutagens and teratogens. This database provides bibliographic citations and abstracts from journal articles, monographs, technical reports, theses, letters, meeting abstracts, papers and reports.
A cluster of databases on toxicology, hazardous chemicals, and related areas.
Zoological Record is a comprehensive index to zoological literature covering from 1864 to present. Records cover every aspect of zoology, including biochemistry, behavior, ecology evolution, genetics, and so forth. Over 5,000 international serials plus approximately 1,500 non-serial publications are currently monitored, including professional journals, magazines, newsletters, monographs, books, reviews, and conference proceedings.
The following is a listing of selected subject headings relating to environmental studies. Each is a live link directly into the UNE Libraries catalog
Web Site Evaluation criteria.
- American PIE--Public Information on the Environment
- Beyond Pesticides
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Earth Island Institute
- Eartheasy Sustainable Living
- Environment MAINE
- GBIF: Global Biodiversity Information Facility
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility
- GreenDimes: Stop Junk Mail. Think Green. Plant Trees.
- Gulf of Maine Council on the Marine Environment
- Gulf of Maine Council on the Marine Environment Publications
- IUCN Red List of Threatened Species
- Maine Coastal Program
- Maine Environmental Policy Institute
- Maine Phytoplankton Monitoring Program
- Maine.gov Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
- MIT Sea Grant Center for Coastal Resources
- National Wildlife Federation Campus Ecology
- POPULATION: Center for Global Development, Migration and Population
- POPULATION: CIA World Factbook
- POPULATION: Laboratory of Populations
- POPULATION: Millennium Ecosystem Assessment
- POPULATION: Population Council
- POPULATION: Population Institute
- POPULATION: Population Reference Bureau
- POPULATION: UNdata
- POPULATION: United Nations Population Division, Dept. of Social & Economic Affairs
- POPULATION: World Resources Institute, Earth Trends
- POPULATION: World Watch Institute: Vital Signs
- Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation (RBRC)
- Science Accelerator
- Tree of Life Web Project
- UNE Sustainability
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Services Plants Database
- WINDandSEA: Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences
For assistance with research on this topic, please contact Barbara Swartzlander at the Biddeford Campus library, firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-602-2315,