You can now borrow a Double Robotics Telepresence Robot from the UNE Libraries!
What is a “Telepresence Robot?”
A telepresence robot is a computer-controlled, mobile device which allows you to interact with others when you aren’t able to be physically present.
What are the robots for?
The robots can be used to:
- Attend meetings on the other campus if you are not able to travel
- Meet with colleagues who are not able to travel to UNE
- Attend a class if you can’t be physically present
- As a traveling mobile sign
- To collect survey responses
- To observe study subjects
- To interact with patients in a clinical setting
Have a great idea on how to use the robots? Let us know!
Who can use the robot?
All UNE students, faculty and staff can use the robots.
How do I get a robot?
Each campus library has one robot. Book a robot by:
- (207) 602-3000
How long can I keep the robot?
You’ll be emailed an access link giving you control of the robot for up to 24 hours. If you need it longer, ask — use can be extended based on availability.
Anything else I should know?
- The robots are for inside use only
- The robot works best when controlled by a laptop or desktop computer using Chrome as your browser
- Remote use of the robot works best with a “handler” who can be on site to guide the robot through doors and transport it to and from the library
- The robot needs a strong, steady WiFi connection
Before you use the robot for the first time, please review the User’s Guide.
If you have any questions, issues, or would like to set up a tutorial please contact us at (207) 602-3000 or email email@example.com.