Go to ILLiad.
What can I borrow using ILLiad?
You can request articles, books, book chapters, theses and dissertations, DVDs, CDs and more.
Is there anything that can't be borrowed through ILLiad?
We can’t provide required textbooks through ILLiad. Otherwise, it is up to the lending library to decide what they will loan. In general, rare, antique, fragile, or oversize books as well as multi-volume sets may not be available.
Requesting through ILLiad:
You will need to set up an ILLiad account the first time you use the system. Select “First time users” and fill out the required personal information to set up your account.
To place a request:
- Select the type of item you are requesting (article, book chapter, or book) from under “New Request” on the right.
- Enter as much of the item’s information as you can. Fields with a red star are required.
- Click on “Submit Request.”
- Find the item you want using QuickSearch.
- If UNE Library Services doesn’t own or subscribe to an item, or it isn’t currently available, you will see the option to “Request (item) via Interlibrary Loan” on the right.
- Click this button to go to ILLiad and login (select First time users if needed).
- The system will fill out the required fields for you. Select “Request.”
Books will arrive by mail at the library location you select. You will receive an email when books are ready for pick up.
We will deliver articles and book chapters to your ILLiad account as .pdf files under “electronic delivery.” You will receive an email when the file is available.
Who can borrow items through ILLiad?
UNE students, faculty, staff & affiliates with a valid Nor’easter ID can borrow through ILLiad. Your Nor’easter ID is the same username and password that you use to access Outlook, Blackboard, U-Online and other UNE resources. For questions or issues with your Nor’easter ID, please contact UNE’s Information Technology Services.
Does it cost anything?
Borrowing through ILLiad is free; however, you could receive fines for overdue, unreturned, or damaged materials.
How quickly will I get my items?
Article and book chapter requests generally take 1-2 business days. Books generally arrive in 5-14 business days.
How long can I keep things?
You can access articles and book chapters through your ILLiad account for 30 days; if you need these longer, you can download or print a copy.
You can borrow ILLiad books for 6 weeks. You can request a renewal, but it is up to the lending library to decide if they will extend your loan.
1. Log into your ILLiad account and click on “Checked Out Items” from the menu on the left.
2. Click on the transaction number of the item you want to renew.
3. Click on “request renewal” on the top of the item record.
4. You will see a new due date listed under “Tracking” at the bottom of the page.
Questions or problems with ILLiad?
Contact Brenda Austin, Interlibrary Loan Coordinator at (207) 602-2386 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.