Go to MaineCat
MaineCat allows you to search for and request more than 8 million books, DVDs, CDs and more from public and academic libraries across the state of Maine. The lending library sends your requested items to the UNE campus of your choice, and you return these items to the UNE Libraries.
Requesting an item through MaineCat:
First, search for the item in the UNE Library catalog. If UNE does not have the item, or if our copy is unavailable:
- Click the “Search MaineCat” button or use the MaineCat search box to locate your title.
- Click “request this item.”
- Select “University of New England” from the dropdown menu when asked to “Choose your Home Library”, and click “Submit.”
- Enter your full name (first last). Use either your UNE ID card number or PRN as your “Library Card #”
- Choose the UNE campus library where you would like to pick this item up and click “Submit.”
Who can borrow items through MaineCat?
UNE students, faculty, and staff with a valid UNE ID can borrow through MaineCat.
Does it cost anything?
Borrowing from MaineCat is free; however, you could receive fines for overdue, unreturned, or damaged materials.
How quickly will I get my items?
Delivery generally takes 3-7 business days. You will receive an email letting you know to come pick up your items.
You may return MaineCat items to either UNE library.
How long can I keep things?
You can borrow MaineCat items for 4 weeks, and can renew for two additional weeks if needed.
What if I can't find an item in MaineCat?
If MaineCat doesn’t have what you need, submit a request through ILLiad interlibrary loan.
Please contact Brenda Austin, InterLibrary Loan Coordinator, at (207) 602-2386 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.