At orientation you will:
- Meet with an academic advisor from your department and register for courses
- Prepare for your UNE career
- Learn about University services
- Take placement exams (as needed)
- Make connections and socialize with other incoming UNE students, current UNE students, faculty and staff
- Become familiar with our beautiful, ocean-front campus
- Become immersed in the intellectual, social and cultural climate of UNE
- Learn what it means to be a Nor'easter!
UNE’s New Student Orientation provides the opportunity for you to prepare for the academic, social and personal aspects of university life. Orientation is mandatory for new undergraduate students.
...and consider a Trailblazer Pre-Orientation Program
UNE Trailblazer Pre-Orientation Programs are designed to help new students become familiar with campus, make connections and receive relevant information about getting started in college. Our programs provide you with additional opportunities that extend off campus in the areas of community service, outdoor experiences and/or cultural emersion to give you a sense of place while having a lot of fun.
FIRST YEAR ORIENTATION
- Session 1: June 21-22, 2017
- Session 2: June 28-29, 2017
- Dates to be announced
If you have any questions, please contact the Orientation Advisors at email@example.com or (207) 602-2447.
Your residential experience is an important aspect of the university experience, therefore UNE has a three-year residency requirement. If you are a deposited student, beginning on Experience UNE Days, you will have the opportunity to complete a Housing and Dining Service Application and Contract.
- Housing and Dining Contracts are due for full consideration by June 30
- Roommate Requests are accepted until June 30
- Housing Assignments will be available July 15
New students participating in January Orientation should contact the Office of Housing and Residential/Commuter Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 602-2272 for further information.
Important Housing Dates are helpful to have on hand over the summer and throughout the academic year so that you know when the halls open and close around holidays and breaks in the academic schedule.
Not sure what to pack in the fall? Check out this helpful list, and be sure to coordinate with your roommate so you don’t end up with duplicates!
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Housing and Residential/Commuter Life at email@example.com or (207) 602-2272.
As a residential student, you are assigned a meal plan. The plan includes:
- A set number of meals per week in our dining hall
- Flexible spending dollars for on campus dining
- Nor'easter Dollars for select off campus restaurants in the area
If you like, you can change your meal plan at the beginning of the semester.
For more information about the dining facilities and details on meal plans and different options, please visit Dining Services.
As a new student, you are required by the State of Maine and UNE to complete and submit the following all found at the Student Health Care website:
- Health History
- Immunization Form for Arts and Sciences Students
- Immunization Form for Health Professions Students
- Physical Form
- A photocopy of your health insurance card
All of these are due by July 1 for Traditional First-Year Summer Orientation. If you have questions, or are participating in an Orientation after this deadline, please contact Student Health Services at (207) 602-2358 or visit their website.
As a UNE student, you are required to have health insurance. You have the option to:
- Purchase health insurance through UNE. ENROLL NOW!
- Waive the UNE plan, if you are already insured. CLICK HERE TO WAIVE.
Worried about getting around while on campus? Don’t be! The following options are available to you as a first-year student at UNE.
UNE offers two all-wheel-drive Zipcars that can be rented online by the hour. As a first-year residential student over the age of 18 who opts not to bring a car to campus and become a Zipcar member, you receive an electronic gift card for free hours.
After you become a member, contact UNE Safety and Security for your free hours.
You are encouraged to bring a bike to our easily navigable campus that includes bike racks outside of all academic and recreational buildings.
You are eligible to register for a parking permit beginning August 1st through thepermitstore.com.
The Nor'easter Shuttle runs through campus every half hour. The shuttle runs from UNE to the local train station in Saco, to the charming downtowns of Biddeford and Saco, as well as to Biddeford Crossing, where you find a variety of restaurants and shops. The shuttle is free to use with your UNE student ID card and runs seven days a week. Check out the schedule in our Campus Center lobby or visit the shuttle website.
Interested in visiting the Portland Campus? Take advantage of UNE's intercampus shuttle from the Biddeford Campus to the Portland Campus!