June 30, 2014
Five UNE students were recently selected by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) to attend the 5th Annual Student Quality Leadership Academy, which will be held July 17-18, 2014. This program, sponsored at no charge for students, residents, and graduate trainees, is designed to build leadership competencies within future health professionals.
Selected students are:
- Christopher Ortiz, Westbrook College of Health Professions, Physician Assistant Program, Class of 2015
- Lindsay Robusto, College of Pharmacy, Class of 2016
- Morgan Harper, College of Pharmacy, Class of 2017
- Ian Imbert, Westbrook College of Health Professions, Masters of Public Health, Class of 2015
- Erin “Maggie” Jones, College of Pharmacy, Class of 2015
Maggie Jones, the IPSAT 2013-2014 President, was one of three UNE students to attend the Academy last year. She was also invited to the inaugural IHI Open School I-CAN (Change Agent Network) one day seminar on July 16, 2014. She will join 15-20 other student leaders who will receive additional training and mentorship to develop a quality improvement project for presentation at the IHI National Forum meeting in December, 2014.
The IHI Open School chapter at UNE is presently housed within the Interprofessional Student Advisory Team (IPSAT).