Recent efforts aimed at providing the best care at the lowest cost have escalated the need for pharmacists to participate in population health management. UNE Online's 18-credit hour GCPH program combined with the Doctor of Pharmacy degree provides students with the core public health concepts needed to enhance pharmacy knowledge to manage populations of patients, in addition to providing individualized care. Participants who complete this program may decide to pursue a graduate degree in public health, as these 18 credit hours are the foundation courses for UNE Online’s Master of Public Health degree.
Participants in the Pharm.D./GCPH program will complete all pharmacy and GCPH requirements in a total of four years and graduate with both the Doctor of Pharmacy and Graduate Certificate in Public Health at the same time.
- 18 credit hours, with 11 credits counting towards the Pharm.D. program
- Only available to students enrolled in the UNE Pharm.D. program
- Abbreviated application process for current UNE Pharm.D. students
- Complete your certificate at the same time as the Pharm.D.
- 100% online — no scheduling conflicts with Pharm.D. courses
- Learn anytime, from any place
- Dynamic faculty of practitioners, researchers & educators
- No GRE required to apply
- Regionally accredited by New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- Accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)