UHCSR Policy Information
Dental & Vision Insurance
As a convenience, The University of New England provides information only for individual plans for those students looking for Dental or Vision Coverage — there is no UNE student-offered group policy available. Below are links to individual plans for the consideration of Undergraduate, Graduate, and Medical students through Delta Dental and Consolidated Health Plan.
Students must have health insurance coverage.
The University of New England provides group plans for the consideration of undergraduate, graduate, and medical students through United Healthcare.
All full-time students enrolled in at least 7 credits or more are required by the University to have complete health insurance coverage, and will be billed automatically for health insurance with every fall billing.
Included with the fall billing, students will receive literature that will explain the plan in greater detail and instructions on the enrollment/waiver process.
Students may accept the University-suggested health insurance plan; may locate their own comparable plan; or if already covered by another equivalent plan, may opt out of the program by submitting a waiver.
All UNE students are required to either enroll in or waive the Health Insurance Plan by going to the United Healthcare website. The insurance fee will be removed from the student bill only if proof of other insurance coverage and an online waiver are completed by the due dates below:
Health Insurance Enrollment Deadlines
- Summer 2018: Open Enrollment/Waiver session from April 17, 2018 through May 25, 2018. Students are required to complete this process. Do not wait for Auto-Enrollment, as this delays your coverage.
- Fall 2018: Open Enrollment/Waiver session from July 1, 2018 through August 17, 2018. Students are required to complete this process. Do not wait for Auto-Enrollment, as this delays your coverage.
- COM Students: Waiver session from June 1, 2018 through August 17, 2018. Students are required to complete this process. Do not wait for Auto-Enrollment, as this delays your coverage.
- All Other Students: Waiver session from July 1, 2018 through August 17, 2018. Students are required to complete this process. Do not wait for Auto-Enrollment, as this delays your coverage.
- Spring 2019: Open Enrollment/Waiver session from December 14, 2018 through January 18, 2019. Students are required to complete this process. Do not wait for Auto-Enrollment, as this delays your coverage.
Complete the Process
(Open Only for Summer Students starting in May 2018)
What to do if you have lost your Health Insurance and want to enroll in the UNE offered policy with UnitedHealthcare Student Resources (UHCSR)
Students can encounter loss of coverage due to age 26, moving, high cost of current coverage — or maybe you have a new baby or just got married. To get help if purchasing the UHCSR out of the open enrollment period, please email Donna Bisson (email@example.com).
You will be asked to provide a letter from your insurance company if you have lost coverage. The letter must indicate the date in which the insurance company will drop you from the plan.
Domestic Partnership Coverage
Students wishing domestic partnership coverage must submit an Affidavit of Domestic Partnership form to the Student Accounts Office located at either campus by the same due dates listed above.
Graduate and Medical Student Plan
Note: First-year medical students' coverage will be effective at the beginning of your academic year in August (see specific information in the website above). When you receive your fall semester bill, you will be billed for the year (your start-date through August 31 of the following year).
For graduate or medical students who wish to explore other student health insurance alternatives, here are a couple of options available to you:
Questions and Registration
Questions about billing for student health insurance may be directed to Ask Student Financial Services or (207) 602-2425.
For detailed information on the University-sponsored health insurance plans, please visit our insurance carrier's website, United HealthCare Student Resources (UHCSR) to access brochures, enrollment/waiver forms, and policy information. Students with questions about coverage or wishing to file a claim should contact UHCSR directly.
If you have general questions about the University-offered health insurance programs, or need further assistance, please email Donna Bisson in our Risk Management department at firstname.lastname@example.org.