The University of New England’s First Year Experience Living Learning Communities (LLCs) provide an introductory leadership experience within the context of a residential setting. Offered to incoming first-year students, you will share common experiences such as retreats and workshops with other members of the LLCs. In smaller groupings, you will explore a specific theme with the support of both staff and student leaders.
You can expect to:
- Meet new people who share similar interests and goals.
- Develop relationships with staff and faculty.
- Benefit from one-on-one mentorship.
- Explore their identities as leaders on campus.
- Learn about valuable resources which can assist in the goal of being successful.
- Make a positive contribution to the UNE community.
- Participate in programs and workshops based on a common theme.
If you participate in the LLCs, you will reside with other students in a traditional hall. Rooms are configured as triples, however they can be doubled. Each theme will benefit from the involvement of both a staff mentor and a resident advisor, and will occupy its own floor within the residence hall.
The LLC Themes for the 2017/18 academic year include:
LIVING LEARNING COMMUNITIES
Rx for Success: Pre-Professional Pharmacy Program Living Learning Community: The Rx for Success: Pre-Professional Pharmacy Program Living Learning Community is an opportunity for pre-professional pharmacy program students to fully explore their chosen career path, develop as leaders in their field and successfully transition to the college environment. Rx for Success students will take at least two common courses over the year, connect with mentors from the College of Pharmacy and begin preparing to be an exceptional pharmacist.
Marine Living Learning Community: The Marine Living Learning Community is an opportunity for Marine Sciences, Ocean Studies and Marine Affairs, and Marine Entrepreneurship majors to more fully explore their area of study, develop as leaders and successfully transition to the college environment. Marine LLC students will take at least two common courses over the year, receive additional support and mentoring from a collaborative team of faculty and staff, and a variety of opportunities to engage in experiential learning on the shores of coastal Maine.
GO GLOBAL: Global Exploration Community: Individuals participating in Go Global: Global Exploration Community are students of the world. UNE strives to empower students in becoming global citizens. Go Global Community members will explore all the world has to offer through self-reflection activities, programs and cultural experiences, as well as service projects and retreats.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Contact Maria Goodwin, Coordinator of First Year Experience
- (207) 602- 2679
Thinking of applying?
- Applications will be available May 2016. To access the application please visit the Get Involved Portal and log in with your Nor’Easter log in. Not sure what your Nor’Easter log in is? Look it up now.
- Completed applications are due by June 30.
- Students will be notified of acceptance into the program by email the week of July 5.
- Questions? Call (207) 602-2272 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.