In order to secure your participation in housing selection, please complete the Housing Selection 2015/16 Intent Form on U-Online. The deadline for the Housing Selection 2015/16 Intent Form on U-Online was Friday, February 15, 2015.
If your form is received after February 15, 2015, your selection number will be at the end of your class year. If you currently live on campus, you need to complete the U-Online Housing Selection Intent Form.
We use the intent information to determine how many selection numbers we will need to assign students for Housing Selection Days.
How to complete your 2015/16 Housing Intent:
1. Log onto U-Online.
2. Select "Student Services & Financial Aid."
3. Select "Student Records."
4. Select "Student Housing Intention."
5. Choose one of the intent options and click to submit.
If you have questions about logging into U-Online, please contact the ITS Help Desk at (207) 602-2200.
For questions about the intent process, contact the Office of Residential Education and Housing at (207) 602-2272.
Housing Selection Numbers will be distributed on March 23, 2015 by Resident Advisors.
Q: How is my selection number generated? How is my selection round determined?
A: Each student will receive their own selection number. Selection numbers will be randomly assigned and generated by the Office of Residential Education and Housing. Your selection round is determined by your class year. Class year is dependent on number of credits and not your anticipated graduation year.
If you cannot attend Housing Selection on your assigned date you must elect another individual or ask Housing to be your proxy. You must send the Office of Residential Education and Housing one of the following:
- An email from your myUNE email account stating the name of the person (or the Office of Residential Education and Housing) that will be serving as your proxy and a list of housing preferences; or
- A signed letter turned into the Office of Residential Education and Housing stating the name of the individual (or the Office of Residential Education and Housing) that will be serving as your proxy and a list of housing preferences.
If you are studying abroad, you will be contacted by email in February with information about Housing Selection. You will need to contact the Office of Residential Education and Housing in writing (or via email) to state your intention to live on campus in the fall and to designate a proxy. The proxy will be responsible for coming to Housing Selection in your place.
All proxy information needs to be into the Office of Residential Education and Housing by March 27, 2015 by 4:30 p.m.
April 1, 2015 (Rising Juniors) 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
April 1, 2015 (Mixed Groups) 8 p.m. -10 p.m.
April 2, 2015 (Rising Sophomores) 6 p.m.-10 p.m.
Housing Selections take place in the Campus Center.
Each student will get a randomly assigned selection number in his / her class year. Class year is based on number of credits and not anticipated graduation date. The student with the lowest selection number will pull in their roommates to fill a room/suite, regardless of the roommates’ selection number. The group will select their room/suite based upon the number of the roommate with the lowest, or best number.
Senior and Junior Mixed Groups
Mixed Groups: If you are a member of a group that would like to live together, but are of different class years, do the following:
1. Determine who in your selection group has the best selection number.
2. Your Housing Selection Day is April 1, 2015, 8:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. at the Campus Center.
On Housing Selection Day, the following will happen:
1. Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your appointment time with your potential roommates.
2. Check-in will be at a table as soon as you enter the Campus Center.
3. Once your selection number is called, you (and roommates if applicable) will line up in selection number order.
4. You will reach the selection room where you will select an assignment with the assistance of our staff. Having a backup plan is key if you cannot select an assignment with the necessary amount of available spaces.
5. After you select, please return your selection card to the table near the exit and you are done.
Room Change Request Forms will be available at the Office of Residential Education and Housing on April 15, 2015.
Q. What if I want to change my room after selection?
A: If you are interested in a room change, you may submit a Room Change Request Form to the Office of Residential Education and Housing after the completion of the Housing Selection process. Room change requests will be accommodated in order of the date received, and based on space availability. We will stop offering summer room changes after August 1, 2015.
If you are interested in a room change after August 1, you should come to the Office of Residential Education and Housing after the opening in the fall. Room changes will begin after the second week of the semester.
Note: In the event that we have any students on a wait list, wait-listed students will be housed before any student who has submitted a Room Change Request Form.