Complete application to graduate
- Access U-ONLINE
- Enter your Nor'easter ID and Password
- Select the Student Services menu
- Select the Student Records menu
- Select the Apply to Graduate – Candidate for Graduation menu
- In the Curriculum Section, select the curriculum and click Submit. Please review this information carefully. If the curriculum displayed does not correctly reflect your current curriculum, DO NOT PROCEED. Please contact the Registrar’s office to update your record
- Select the graduation date from the drop-down menu and click Continue
- Select the ceremony attendance option and click Continue
- Select a diploma name option from the drop-down menu and click Continue
- Select a diploma address option from the drop-down menu and click Continue
- Optionally edit your diploma address and click Continue
- Please verify the Graduation Application Summary and click Submit Request
- Please review the Graduation Application Signature Page to review the additional requirements to be accepted as a candidate for graduation.
Pick up your invitations in Student Affairs
Available just prior to Spring Break
If you are on campus, please pick up your invitations in person:
- Biddeford Campus- Student Affairs: 129 Decary Hall
- Portland Campus- Graduate and Professional Student Affairs: 02 Proctor Hall
- College of Osteopathic Medicine : 127 Stella Maris
COM, CAS, WCHP and COP students who are away from campus or online learners can have invitations mailed to them. Please contact the appropriate Student Affairs Office: COM: (207) 602-2329, CAS: (207) 602-2372, and WCHP or COP: (207) 221-4212.
Check Graduation Website Often
Students/families will receive an informational postcard concerning graduation in late February. This postcard will direct students and their families to the graduation/commencement website. Please check the graduation webpages often as they are updated frequently.
Be sure to print out, complete and return any necessary forms or RSVP to receptions/events.
Undergraduate, Master's, and CAGS regalia will be available in the Bookstore and on the web in early April. Regalia MUST be purchased by the end of April to ensure that students have what they need for the commencement ceremonies.
DO and MMEL students rent their regalia (tam/cap, gown, tassel, and hood) through the COM Office of Constituent Services; that office can be reached at (207) 602-2329 or via email at email@example.com. Pharm.D. and DPT students rent their regalia (tam, gown, tassel, and hood) through the Office of Graduate & Professional Student Affairs; that office can be reached at (207) 221-4212 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plan the Visit
We strongly encourage early reservations. Other events are happening in Portland on the same weekend as our graduation ceremony.
Check out the information regarding Disability Access if someone in your party needs special accommodations.
Commencement will be held at the Cumberland County Civic Center in Portland, Maine. Click here to view Directions & Parking information for the Civic Center. Pre-Commencement events will take place on either campus or at off-campus locations as indicated (refer to each college's "Pre-Commencement and Events" list). Click here to view directions to the University’s campuses.
Prepare for Life Beyond UNE
Contact Career Services for assistance with your current job search and save their contact information for any future job searches.
Also, Remember that your relationship with UNE doesn't end after Commencement, but merely begins a new stage. Here's how we can all keep in touch.
Attend a Student Loan Exit Interview
- Biddeford Campus Undergraduate Students: Dates and Times to be posted soon
- Dental Hygiene Students: Dates and Times to be posted soon
- Nursing Students: Dates and Times to be posted soon
- Graduate Student groups are arranged by each academic department. Further information will be posted as it becomes available.
Please note these dates and times, and arrive promptly.