Support for Online Students:
- Schedule Online Writing Assistance
- Online Student Academic Success Center
- Online Learning Specialist
Online Writing Support is also available on the Portland Campus. Schedules are available in the Proctor Hall Student Academic Success Center and on the Tutoring Services website.
The SASC provides writing specialists and professional and peer tutors to assist students from across the University with various aspects of the writing process for both undergraduate and graduate programs. During consultations with writing specialists and tutors, you may seek assistance and instruction in the following areas:
Understanding and approaching the requirements for assignments
- Does the assignment require: analysis, definition, evaluation, summary, etc.?
- What are the criteria for: format, length, organization, etc.?
Planning for the writing process
- Strategies for conducting research and taking notes
- Outlining ideas and information
- Narrowing or broadening focus
Presenting final written products
- Developing writing through revision
- Using appropriate documentation styles and formats:
The SASC writing support program focuses on developing and improving the presentation of your ideas and information. The writing professionals and tutors do not deal directly with the content of specific assignments or projects but guide you through the process of expressing your ideas as thoroughly and clearly as possible.
You Will Receive:
- One-on-one tutorial time and/or small group writing conferences (appointment recommended).
- Support in all areas of pre-writing, drafting and revising.
- Encouragement and guidance to become an independent learner.
Make a Writing Support Appointment:
To see the schedule of writing support times and to make appointments, go to une.tutortrac.com.