The UNE Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) is a dynamic resource that serves as a catalyst and support for innovative, vibrant, and effective teaching and learning.
CETL serves all university educators including faculty (adjunct, part-time, full-time), lab instructors, teaching assistants, academic staff (developmental specialists, librarians, advisors,) and tutors.
- Teaching and learning excellence is the foundation of a university community
- Teaching excellence involves creativity, risk taking, problem solving, boldness, trial and error, and openness to new ideas and paradigms
- Learning occurs best in an environment that respects differences and values all community members
- A dynamic university promotes growth in teaching and learning across all career stages
- Professional development is most effective when it is supportive, innovative and collaborative
- Teachers reflect and grow best in a safe and nonjudgmental environment
- Educational theories and evidence-based educational research can enrich the practice of teaching and learning
- Excellence in teaching and learning emerges from and fosters local, regional, national and global collaboration
- A spirit of inquiry, reflection and observation nurtures teaching and learning
- In a strong teaching culture, university fiscal and policy decisions are made with attention to their impact on teaching and learning