What we do
CHCC provides assistance to work sites, schools and community organizations in developing and implementing smoke-free/tobacco-free policies.
Who we reach
CHCC’s tobacco prevention activities focus on working with businesses, towns and school administrative units in order to serve the broader community.
- Retailers: CHCC works with area tobacco retailers to implement the NO BUTS! and Star Store programs to reduce underage tobacco sales.
- Municipalities: CHCC assists local municipalities in developing and implementing smoke-free parks, beaches, events and recreational area policies.
- Work sites: CHCC assists work sites with tobacco policy development that meets or exceeds Maine Smoke-Free Workplace law.
- Schools: CHCC assists local School Administrative Units with district tobacco policy development and implementation.
- Partnership for a Tobacco-Free Maine
- Breathe Easy Coalition
- Take the Smoke-Free Home Pledge
- Good Work! Resource Kit — Creating a Smoke-free Workplace
- Maine Tobacco HelpLine: Thinking About Quitting? Free Assistance at 1-800-207-1230
- The QuitLink
- Southern Maine Health Care: Be Tobacco Free Cessation Class
For More Information