Eco-Rep Program Vision: The Eco-Rep Program seeks to advance the awareness of campus environmental concerns and initiatives through Peer Education and Leadership.
The University of New England Eco-Rep Program is designed to raise awareness about ecological issues and encourage environmentally responsible behavior of campus residents, commuters, faculty and staff. Eco-Reps will take part in and promote initiatives such as Residence Hall Energy Competitions, Earth Month and other activities developed by the program members and the Sustainability Coordinator.
Eco-Reps must attend weekly group planning meetings in addition to individual and small group projects. Weekly meetings will focus on skill building in peer education and social marketing as well as program and activity updates where Eco-Reps will share resources, brainstorm and trouble-shoot.
Eco-Reps will benefit by:
- Professional and leadership development
- Knowledge of environmental topics
- Experience and support of working with other passionate students
- Connections to and inside knowledge of university groups (i.e. Carbon Monitoring Task Force, Earth’s ECO, Environmental Council, Facilities Management, Residence Life and Sustainability Office)
- Workstudy hourly rate with a minimum of 4 hours guaranteed work per week
- Opportunity to have a stellar career recommendation written at completion of year
- Opportunity to have a lasting impact on fellow students and the UNE community!
Contact Sustainability Coordinator, Alethea Cariddi, at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- State your interest in the program and particular interest in environmental programming and advocacy
- Summarize your experience in peer leadership and/or environmental pursuits
- Provide some demographic information: year, major, campus residence hall or off-campus
- State your driving status - to drive a university vehicle, you must be/have:
- 19 years of age
- driver's license for 2 or more years
- clean driving record
- Provide your class schedule along with other committments (athletics, clubs, etc.)
UNE Eco-Reps have:
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to see projects through to completion
- Ability to learn about environmental topics and relate the information to peers
- Motivational quality to engage peers through their passion for the environment and UNE
- Enthusiasm and creativity
- Strong work ethic
- Weekdays (Mornings)
- Weekdays (Afternoons)
- Weekdays (Evenings)