Welcome to Summer Transfer Orientation! We are excited to have you attend UNE in the fall!
To attend this Orientation session, you must be a fully enrolled student for the Fall 2018 Academic Semester.
Transfer Student Orientation is designed to help transfer students become familiar with the campus and receive relevant information about getting started at the University of New England. It is geared specifically for you and your individual needs.
- Once you deposit, it's time to register for Orientation: FRIDAY, AUGUST 24, 2018. It is mandatory, but we keep it to one day because we understand that you have attended another institution. This orientation session is designed specifically for transfer students and will provide you opportunities to learn about what it means to be a student here at UNE, meet with your faculty, discuss your schedule (to make sure it's what you want), and ask any other questions you have prior to starting classes. Register NOW, at the bottom of this page.
- As of July 1, 2018 — and once we have received all of your transfer information (transcripts, placement test results, etc.) — you will be eligible to meet with an advisor to discuss your fall class schedule. If you do not hear from an advisor, it could be because we have not received all of your information. Please verify with Admissions that all of your information has been received.
- Get Advised/Select Classes prior to Orientation — after July 1, 2018 you will hear from an advisor to set up a time to meet and discuss your schedule. Please keep an eye on your email and listen to all voicemails! They will contact you directly. For advising sessions you may select from phone call, Skype/FaceTime, or an in-person visit based on your schedule and/or preference. If you wish to email an advisor directly, see below, but recall that they cannot advise until after July 1.
College of Arts & Sciences:
- All Majors: Kathryn McGill-Cavallero, professional academic advisor
Westbrook College of Health Professions:
- Athletic Training and Applied Exercise Science: Paul Visich, chair Exercise and Sport Performance Department
- Dental Hygiene: Marji Harmer-Beem, program director
- Health, Wellness and Occupational Studies: Caryn Husman, program director
- Nursing: Jen Morton, program director
- Nutrition: Karen Pardue, interim program director
- Public Health: Bernice Mills, assistant dean for Student and Clinical Affairs
- Social Work (Undergraduate): Cynthia Amato
College of Pharmacy:
- All Majors: Sarah Vincent, pre-pharmacy coordinator, (207) 602-2882
- Talk with Residential and Commuter Life if you have any questions about finding local housing or living on campus. Give them a call at (207) 602-2272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend Orientation! If you have questions prior to Friday, Aug. 24, 2018, contact the Orientation Office directly at (207) 602-2447, explore this website, or email the Student Orientation Advisors at email@example.com. You will hear back from someone within 24 hours unless you call on a weekend.