The table below provides weekly data for new reported cases of COVID-19 on UNE campuses. This information will be posted each Thursday afternoon for the preceding seven-day period (Thursday through Wednesday), or for shorter periods as needed to provide timely information, during fall semester 2020.
University leadership and health experts are monitoring COVID-19 cases and other data to ensure community health and to guide consideration of any needed changes to operations. Should operation plans be changed, updates will be provided to students, faculty, professional staff, and parents via email and will be posted at une.edu/onward. To confirm your contact information, log in to U-Online or complete the Parent and Family Contact Information form.
Weekly COVID-19 New Cases Reported: Fall 2020
|Period Beginning - Ending||Biddeford Campus Students||Biddeford Campus Employees||Portland Campus Students||Portland Campus Employees|
|9/10 - 9/16||1||0||0||0|
|9/3 - 9/9||0||0||0||0|
|8/31 - 9/2||7||1||1||1|
|8/27 - 8-30||2||0||0||0|
|8/20 - 8/26||0||0||1||1|
Table to be updated each Thursday afternoon for the preceding seven-day period (Thursday through Wednesday), or for shorter periods as needed to provide timely information, during fall semester 2020.
Procedures for Positive Cases
Early detection of illness can prevent the spread of COVID-19 within the UNE community. All community members are expected to monitor their health daily. It is important that students and employees inform the University when they are symptomatic or receive a positive test result so that the appropriate steps can be taken.
- When the University learns of a positive test, either through our own testing or testing conducted by an outside provider, we will conduct contact tracing to determine who may have been exposed.
- Students who experience symptoms or who are in contact with a COVID-19 positive individual must contact the Student Health Center.
- Students who seek care at a facility off campus must also notify the Student Health Center.
- Students awaiting test results and/or who have a positive COVID-19 test who can safely return home and do not have high-risk individuals in their household should do so.
- For students who must remain on campus, the first floor of East Hall on the Biddeford Campus has been designated as the quarantine space for residential students.
- Employees who have a positive COVID-19 test or who are waiting for testing results are expected to remain at home until cleared by a health professional and Human Resources to return to on-campus work.
- In accordance with federal laws, UNE will not share any information that could identify specific individuals. We ask all members of our community to respect the privacy of those affected by COVID-19.
More information is available in the health and safety section of the UNE Onward plan.