Parents and families are an integral part of the transition for students to their University experience. Although this is an exciting time for families, we understand parents may still have questions about how to make that transition successfully and what it means to be a member of the UNE Family.

The University offers many resources for parents and families. All students must attend a New Student Orientation before classes start in August. 

Due to the current state of Maine and University guidelines, we will not be holding an on-campus Parent and Family Orientation this year. Specific online content for our incoming student’s parents and families is currently being developed. While we are disappointed not to be able to share this experience with you in person during orientation this summer, we are going to provide the same type of information as we normally do at our Parent and Family Orientation through a series of videos and other multi-media content.

We would like to be able to share information with you as this content is posted. Below is a link to provide us with your contact information if you want to be included in future parent and family communications from us.

UNE Parent and Family Contact Information Form

Find Out More

Below is a list of UNE offices and contacts you might find useful before the academic year begins. University offices are open daily during the week and are staffed to answer parent and student questions.

Office of Student Affairs

The Office of Student Affairs is here to ensure that your student has the best experience possible at UNE. Whether they have an idea for a new club, need some advice on housing, or are struggling with a personal issue and need some support, Student Affairs is here for them and any questions you might have — call us at (207) 602-2372.

Financial Aid and Student Accounts

Questions about your aid package or the FAFSA form? Questions about your student's bill? Contact Undergraduate Student Financial Services at (207) 602-2342.


For e-billing, students need to log in to U-Online and invite you to have access.

Work-Study Options

If your student is eligible for work-study, the list of open positions is posted in mid-August. For more information about the Federal Work-Study program call (207) 602-2342.

Student Health

All students enrolled in at least 7 credits or more are required to have complete health insurance coverage. UNE provides group plans for undergraduate, graduate, and medical students through Consolidated Health Plan. The Student Health Center offers a wide range of quality health services for UNE students. Contact the health center at (207) 602-2358.

Student Counseling Center 

The Student Counseling Center provides a variety of services designed to support the psychological and emotional health of our students. Contact the counseling center at (207) 602-2549.

Student Access Center

Has your student received academic accommodations for a disability? If so we encourage them to explore the services offered through our Student Access Center — call us at (207) 602-2815

Housing and Residential Life

Residential life is a vibrant part of our on-campus community. Contact the Office of Housing and Residential/Commuter Life at (207) 602-2272.

Student Engagement

Being part of the UNE community means being involved. There are plenty of ways to get involved on the Biddeford Campus including student clubs and organizations, recreational programs and sports, activities, and events. Contact Student Engagement at (207) 602-2447.

Dining Services

Your student will have a choice of a wide variety of delicious and healthy meals, featuring options for every diet, including vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free. Contact dining services at (207)602-2369 or visit the dining services website.

Safety and Security

Our top priority is the well-being of the UNE community. In addition to providing 24/7 security for the University, the Office of Safety and Security also coordinates parking and student ID cards. Contact the office at (207) 602-2298.

This website uses cookies to understand how you use the website and to improve your experience. By continuing to use the website, you accept the University of New England’s use of cookies and similar technologies. To learn more about our use of cookies and how to manage your browser cookie settings, please review our Privacy Notice.