March 18, 2018
This position is located in Rockport and works on Sweetser's Crisis Stabilization Unit. This is a full-time position with a varied schedule.
Provide crisis stabilization services to adults who are in a psychiatric crisis. This position will interact with the client in a positive environment that is assessed as necessary to prevent de-compensation or acute psychiatric hospitalization.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD:
• Provide supportive, respectful, non-judgmental care to adult clients and assist them in meeting goals identified in treatment plans.
• Actively engage with clients while maintaining clear boundaries.
• Accept individual differences and learn from them.
• Approach each client with an attitude of discovery and hope.
• Support independent client functioning that leads to increased skills upon discharge.
• Utilize effective communication skills that improve client outcomes and promote teamwork.
• Work as a team player delivering effective care to clients and promoting continuous harmonious working relationships.
• Independently maintain an environment that promotes safety and efficiency.
• Write descriptive and concise progress notes relative to the clients' defined goals and objectives.
• Have the ability to relate effectively to a wide range of clients.
• Valid state driver's license.
• Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
• High School diploma and experience working in the mental/behavioral health field.
• One (1) year of experience providing direct care and/or crisis intervention to adults in a related field.
• MHRT I state certification or eligibility for and completion of certification within the first year of employment.
Market Competitive, based on experience.