The Maine Women Writers Collection invites applications for its Creative Fellow Program. Each year, we host one artist or writer to engage in research in our collections and produce work inspired by the collection materials.
MWWC Creative Fellowships range between $1,500 and $2,000, and may be used for transportation, housing, supplies, and other research-related expenses.
Applications should include the following (only complete applications will be considered):
- Cover sheet with applicant's name, address, institutional affiliation (if any), email address, and telephone number.
- One-page application narrative that describes the intended project and addresses the following questions: What materials in our collections would you like to explore? How might your work be enriched through access to the archives? What do you hope to do during your time at the Maine Women Writers Collection?
- Length of proposed research visit to the MWWC (one week to one month)
- Proposed budget
- Work sample: PDF of 10 recent images (for artists) or 10 pages of writing in PDF format (for writers); if applicable, include professional website
- Curriculum vitae or resume of no more than three pages
Applications will be reviewed by an interdisciplinary panel of representatives from the MWWC and creative professionals.
Recipients will be asked to write a brief, 250-word report on their research and to create a pop-up exhibit, reading, performance or public talk within a year of the completion of the fellowship period.