- Provide a knowledge base in the biological sciences that is deeper than the typical undergraduate experience.
- Foster participation in the production of biological knowledge through high quality research.
- Instill outstanding research skills and a working knowledge of the scientific method by participation in high-quality research.
- Develop outstanding scientific communication skills through written and oral presentations.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate expertise in their thesis research field
- Students will increase their proficiency to publication level written and professional oral communication skills
- Students will demonstrate mastery of the concepts and principals of the Biological Sciences
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of research design and have the ability to carry out a research project