366 from any campus phone
From off campus
Assisting in the protection of life and property, parking, and coordination of emergency services on campus, this office operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Uniformed officers patrol on foot, on bicycles, and in cars. Members of the security staff do not have law enforcement power and are not armed. However, they are in radio contact with local authorities and can summon assistance at a moment's notice.
- Security officers are on duty around the clock
- Crime prevention programs (e.g., Rape Aggression Defense Program)
- Student Advisory Board
- Monitor parking lots and provide security escorts
- Unlock buildings/rooms (if authorized)
- Issue University ID cards
- Manage lost and found
- Offer tips on auto purchasing
At the University of New England, our top priority is the well-being of our students. We continually evaluate current programs as well as review, develop and implement new policies, protocols, staffing and technologies that will improve the University and the safety of its members.