The Student Financial Services team at the University of New England understands that financing your college education is often the most demanding part of the process. Comprised of both the Financial Aid and Student Accounts offices, Student Financial Services is here to help you navigate the way. We are committed to assisting you and your family in finding the financial means to achieve your educational goals. We offer a comprehensive program that makes the most of the institutional and federal monies available to you.
Financing a college education is a partnership between you, your family, and the University. We aim to help you maximize the resources available to you. Please contact us with any questions you may have, and consider us your resource for all-things-financial during your time at UNE.
UNE by the Numbers
UNE's 2015 ranking among Maine universities and colleges for its ability to increase students’ career earnings, according to the Brookings Institution.
Number of 2015 graduates* employed or accepted into graduate/ professional programs
Percentage of our graduates responsibly managing their student loan obligations
*80% of graduates responded to survey
The UNE Pledge
On October 5, 2015, University of New England President Danielle Ripich announced a new five-point commitment to students. The UNE Pledge will directly benefit current and future students at Maine’s largest private university.
Beginning with undergraduate students in the graduating class of 2016, the UNE Pledge offers:
- The opportunity to become a global citizen by spending as many as three semesters in our campus in Morocco and at our partner institutions in Spain, France or elsewhere at no additional cost. Our campus in Tangier, Morocco has state-of-the-art facilities, while our programs hosted by the University Pablo de Olavide in Seville, Spain and Sciences Po Saint-Germain-en-Laye, France offer access to the best European traditions.
- A guarantee that undergraduate UNE students will face no additional lab or studio fees regardless of their major. This commitment has the potential to save students and their families more than a thousand dollars per year.
- Access to internships and undergraduate research opportunities.
- An Alumni Investment Award of one thousand dollars presented to each UNE undergraduate in a four-year program who is graduating — beginning with the class of 2016.
- A Lifetime Partnership Award of an additional one thousand dollars, presented to any UNE undergraduate who is graduating and decides to pursue a graduate degree at UNE.