Ed. D. Educational Leadership General Program Goals
- Prepare leaders who are future-focused and capable of fostering innovation and change
- Promote a continuing cadre of educators who maintain active connections and collaboration with one another, with schools, communities and professional groups
- Establish a higher education program that is technologically sophisticated, educationally effective and academically rigorous
- Build a national reputation based upon transformative action research
- Provide each candidate with a carefully selected faculty mentoring team contributing actively to the candidate’s progress with their program of study, their research, and their dissertation, beyond what is usually available with a single advisor
Ed. D. Educational Leadership Learning Outcomes
- Participate fully and responsibly in supportive and action based learning environments of authentic value for colleagues in K-12 education, community college, health, business, and other sectors
- Develop and utilize transformative institutional processes to foster, assess the results, and respond to the reported analysis for continued systemic change.
- Use technology for research collaboration and dissertation development among colleagues and faculty (e.g., web/videoconferencing)
- Fully utilize an integrated curriculum that fuses discreet elements of each candidate’s program of study into a coherent whole
- Fully utilize online search tools and databases to identify research studies and other relevant resources
- Participate in virtual seminars and conferences building a professional learning community
- Employ problem and case-based learning strategies extensively in courses and dissertation
- Write and successfully defend a field-based dissertation.