- Students demonstrate a strong foundation in the Marine Science, including biology, chemistry, physics, and geological aspects of the oceans.
- Students will integrate knowledge and skills from all areas of study to address interdisciplinary problems.
- Students communicate effectively in both oral and written skills to convey their scientific knowledge and results to peers, the public, and scientific audiences.
- Students will independently design and execute well conceived scientific studies.
- Students demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Students demonstrate proficiency in quantitative skills.
- Students value ethics in the conduct of science and their lives.