TRAILBLAZER PRE-ORIENTATION TRIPS DEPART ON: MONDAY, AUGUST 17, 2020.
Students who attend a Trailblazer will arrive to campus on August 16, 2020, and move directly into their fall housing assignment.
In order to give all of our New Nor’easters the best Orientation possible, we will be moving our usual Summer Orientation programs to a single Fall Orientation that will begin with New Student Move-In on Friday, August 21 New students will move directly into their fall housing assignments and the entire Class of 2024 will be able to share the same Orientation experience.
We know that this is a significant change and so we want to share with you some of the following Summer and Fall program components that you can expect so that you feel confident knowing what your Orientation experience will look like:
- Over the course of June, July, and August your Orientation Team will post weekly videos, modules, and content online to help you prepare for your college experience.
- During the summer you will have a one-on-one advising appointment with your academic advisor to understand your courses, curriculum, and placement options.
- We will also coordinate summer online meetings with faculty, advisors, and other incoming students in your major or program to meet your peers and learn more about your field of study.
- We will still offer Pre-Orientation trips directly before fall Orientation and are hoping to expand our offerings. This is a great opportunity to connect with your peers before Orientation and we highly recommend New Nor’easters to consider joining us!
- We will work with our New Nor’easter Fall athletes, their coaches and teams to ensure a seamless preseason and Orientation experience.
- We will be offering online Parent and Family Orientation programs throughout the summer and will offer an in-person program for interested family members on Friday, August 21 as well.
Students: Register for orientation
Parents: Register for parent orientation
Our Trailblazer Pre-Orientation programs are designed to run for four days prior to the First Year Orientation Sessions. These programs provide additional opportunities that extend off campus in the areas of community service, outdoor experiences, and cultural immersion to give students a sense of place while having fun. Upon completion of a Trailblazer Pre-Orientation program, students will seamlessly transition into an on-campus First-Year Orientation Session.
Students: Register for Pre-Trailblazer Orientation
AUGUST 17-20, 2020
Students who attend a Trailblazer will arrive to campus on August 16, 2020, and move directly into their fall housing assignment. All trips cost $99.