The Department of Dental Hygiene offers students the opportunity to:
- Competently provide the public with dental hygiene care based on a sound foundation of scientific knowledge and effective decision-making.
- Provide individuals and groups with up-to-date dental hygiene care as an essential component of comprehensive, interprofessional health care.
- Explore the complexities of ethical decision-making as it relates to professional situations.
- Gain access to dental hygiene licensure in the state of choice by successfully preparing students to complete the national and regional board examinations.
- Develop a commitment to life-long learning by continuing with educational plans following graduation.
- Demonstrate the knowledge necessary to assess, plan, implement and evaluate community-based oral health programs.
- Utilize appropriate communication methods to effectively provide patient care.