The Dental Hygiene Program offers students the opportunity to:
- Provide the public with compassionate and competent dental hygiene care founded on evidenced-based scientific knowledge, as an essential component of comprehensive interprofessional health care and community-based health care.
- Demonstrate effective decision-making skills through the use of the critical thinking process.
- Explore the complexities of ethical decision-making as it relates to professional expectations and social responsibility.
- Commit to leadership, scholarship, and life-long learning to respond to an ever changing healthcare environment and growing profession.
- Utilize oral healthcare technology and effective communication skills for use in the professional and practical arena.
- Successfully gain access to dental hygiene licensure in the state of choice by completing the national and regional board examinations.