Welcome to the Academic Advising Center. We are staffed by professional academic advisors and serve a large portion of the undergraduate student population. The Academic Advising Center seeks to assist you as you explore, develop and implement realistic educational and career goals. We partner with faculty and staff throughout the University to support the success of all students, with increased support for at-risk and transitioning students. Through personalized, appreciative advising, the Advising Center is there as you persue thoughtful exploration of your academic and career options.
Visit the Academic Advising Center at 140 Decary to get started.
Our advisees include
- First year students in the departments of Biology, Marine Sciences and Psychology
- First- and second-year undecided students
- Pre-Pharmacy students
- Transfer students to CAS
- If you are not part of a population listed above you will be assigned a faculty advisor
- We also have advisors to support Pre-Health students and College of Arts and Sciences students on academic probation
- Assist you with registration for proper courses per requirements for graduation
- Monitor your progress on a semester-to-semester basis
- Assist you with progress toward graduation
- Help students identify and correct academic problems
- Guide you to campus resources for problems that are beyond the realm of academic advising intervention
- Maintain regular, accessible office hours for advisement