The Danielle N. Ripich Commons is the central meeting space on the UNE Biddeford campus for all students. The Commons provides a variety of spaces for students, faculty, and staff to meet in both academic and social settings. Some spaces in and around the Commons are available to be reserved for events. Please see Commons Usage Policies before requesting an event. A calendar of events will be posted on the video displays in the Commons so you can plan accordingly.
Hours of Operation
Subject to change
- Large living room with comfortable seating
- Pub with food and drink options
- Game room
- Commuter kitchen/lounge
- Day-use storage lockers
- Study and meeting areas ideal for group projects, meetings, and study sessions (not a quiet study area)
- Quiet Reflection Room
The Solutions Desk
The Solutions Desk in the Danielle Ripich Commons is the place to go to get many of your questions answered or to get directions and referrals on where to go.
The Solutions Desk can help with:
- U-Online questions
- Registrar forms
- Student support referrals
- Room/space reservations
- Lost and found items
- Student printers
- Event tabling
- Fireplace/fire pit use
- Building safety and security
- Building use and policies
- Building maintenance
Offices and Services
- First-Year Experience Coordinator
- Career Services
- Professional Academic Advising for Undergraduate Students
- Student Academic Success Center
- Global Education
Tables can be reserved for short term displays in a variety of areas within the Commons by completing the Table Reservation Form.
All questions concerning the reservation of spaces and tables should be sent to email@example.com.
Indoor and Outdoor Spaces
Certain spaces inside and outside of the Danielle Ripich Commons are available for events that meet guidelines set forth in the Commons Usage Policies.
The following indoor spaces can be reserved through UNE Ad Astra Scheduling:
- 103 Commons: The Atrium
- 104 Commons: The Living Room
- 110 Commons: The Game Room
- 203 Commons: The Overlook
- 204 Commons: The Great Room
- 320 Commons: The 3rd Floor Conference Room
The following outdoor spaces can be reserved through UNE Ad Astra Scheduling:
- Jordan Point Kiosk (Listed under Campus Center until 2019)
- Woodland Green Event Tent (Listed under Campus Center until 2019)
- Amphitheatre Patio (near the Main Entrance)
- Commons Patio (Including Pub Patio and Fire Pit)
The additional meeting spaces in the Commons can be reserved by completing the Reservation Form.