Because of the multifaceted approach of the Care Management Learning Activities, it is expected they will be an opportunity for students to learn from, with and about each of their professions’ approach to assessing patients’ overall health status.
Student teams should participate in the recommended Clinical Interprofessional Curriculum (CIPC) orientation activities.
Students participating in the Care Management Activities should take part as a team in the Quick Start Guide found in AHRQ’s Health Literacy Universal Precautions Toolkit and learn to use these tools, especially:
- Teach-Back Method (Tool #5)
- Communicating Clearly (Tool #4)
- Brown Bag Medication Review (Tool #8)
- Address Language Differences (Tool #9)
- Consider Culture, Customs and Beliefs (Tool #10)
- Encourage Questions (Tool #14)
- Make Action Plans (Tool #15)